1.05.2016

The Porche Sisters- Love at First Sight

My parents brought Avery to the hospital around 11am the next morning to meet her sister! The timing worked out well because since she was born the night before, we had a full night to bond with Hadley and attempt to get a few hours of sleep before Avery came. Jason went to get Avery from the lobby so she could have some time with her sister and we could be alone as a family of four before anyone else met her!


Needless to say, Avery walked into the room and was in love. She was SO excited to see Hadley who we have been talking about for months. Hadley was propped up on some pillows on the bed and Avery climbed right up and starting kissing at her and just staring at her. She asked if she could hold her- of course!! Avery held her and looked up at us and said, "Guys, I really like her!" Our hearts = melted. It was perfect. Our family felt so complete. 


I snapped a few pics on my phone and those first pictures of them together mean the world to me. We also got the whole thing on video which I will also always treasure.


After cuddling with her new sister, Avery spotted the present that Hadley picked out just for her on the chair- a new baby doll (she'd been begging Santa for one) and a diaper bag complete with everything her new baby might need! She was so excited and spent the next 30 minutes playing with everything.


My parents came to meet Hadley and we all spent about an hour visiting till Avery was worn out and they headed home for nap time! (She fell asleep the second her hit the car seat) Meeting your new baby sister will wear you out!

Needless to say, this was one of he happiest days of my life. My heart was so full. I cannot wait to watch the bond between these two grow and see them become the best of friends!

Avery is so sweet and her love for Hadley is evident in everything she does. I am thankful to say we haven't seen much jealousy at all, just love and helpfulness. I  am so proud of Avery and extremely thankful for my two girls. We are all indeed so blessed to have each other and so thankful that God has entrusted us with these two blessings.

No comments :

Post a Comment