2.28.2013

36 Week Update


36 weeks!! It seemed like I would never get here :) I feel like my last real milestone is a week from today, when I will be 37 weeks- Full term!! I have felt so blessed this whole time with such a wonderful pregnancy. I thank God everyday for this and the precious gift of Avery that he is about to bring into our life in a few short weeks. I really don't think I could have asked for anything to go differently so far. I am hoping I will have a similar labor story...one can only dream ;) Regardless of how that goes, I know the end result will be totally worth everything! I cannot wait to hold this little girl and see her sweet face!!



How far along: 36 weeks!

Total weight gain: 25lbs total so far! My goal of only gaining 1lb every two weeks isn't really working out...but at least Avery is healthy! This week we found out she weighs about 5lbs 10oz (a weight gain of 2.125lbs in the last 4 weeks). At 32 weeks she was estimated to be about 3lbs 8oz and at 28 weeks, 2lbs 6oz. I love finding out about all of the weight she has gained at our appointments =) Hopefully I can stay under a weight gain of 28 lbs...but I'm not really worried about it anymore since I am getting so close! I think she will be around 6lbs 8oz - 7lbs 4oz depending on when she comes...

Maternity clothes: Yes!! I am to the point where I feel like I have NOTHING to wear, but I'm too close to the end buy any more maternity clothes. I wish I could live and go to work in sweatpants and t-shirts =)

Stretch marks: Haven't gotten any...so thankful!!

Sleep: Starting at around 2pm everyday, I get REALLY tired. I have had so much energy my whole pregnancy, but lately it's started to hit me. I guess it makes sense due to the rate Avery is growing right now. Sometimes I'll get more energy as the day goes on, but for the most part I feel like I could sleep all afternoon (I wish)! My favorite part of the day right now is bedtime =)

Best moment of this week: Definitely our 36 week appointment on Wednesday...I am hoping it is our last ultrasound (unless I make it to 40 weeks it will be). It is always amazing seeing her- her lungs practicing breathing, her little arms and hands up by her face, and the four chambers of her heart beating perfectly. I could watch that screen for hours...But I will love watching this in real life even more.

We also bought a new car for Avery and I!! A bigger and safer car!! I am so excited to put her carseat in it this weekend! The LAST thing we have to do to get ready for her arrival =)

Miss anything: Really I am missing being normal sized in certain places! I ordered some linen pants for the beach this summer (in a size larger than I usually am, not pregnant) and I couldn't even get them past my thighs...it was a little depressing, but I am using them as motivation for this summer =)

Movement: Avery hasn't turned from the head down position since 22 weeks- thank goodness!! I am incredibly in sync with her position due to her constant hiccups, my doppler, and her constant kicks and jabs. She usually stays with her feet on one side of my stomach for a few days, then turns and switches to the other side...always at night. I think the side that I sleep on for the majority of that night influences that.

Food cravings: Still sweets...and coffee. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: No, not at all!

Have you started to show yet: I think I my belly is really starting to get big...and I like it =) I finally feel like its cute and how I've always wanted to look when I'm pregnant! I haven't felt uncomfortable yet at all, but I am told this will come soon...

Gender: Our little baby GIRL of course!!

Labor signs: None yet- hopefully not for 1 more weeks, then she is welcome to come whenever (the sooner the better)!

Belly button in or out: Still in…I don't for-see a change in the next few weeks either!

Wedding rings on or off: On, still no swelling! I think the rings will make it through the whole pregnancy.

Happy or moody most of the time: Very happy, but sometimes I let my tiredness get the best of me...Jason can definitely attest to this =)

Looking forward to: The 37 week milestone of being full-term!!


No comments :

Post a Comment